The BigCommerce Developer is responsible for the setup and configuration of BigCommerce sites. You will also help create BigCommerce apps and themes to give customers the customizations necessary for their business model.
Who Are You?
You are intellectually curious and passionate about developing and implementing BigCommerce websites and customized solutions. In addition, you get excited about industry trends and new technology.
- Set up and configure Big Commerce sites with varying degrees of complexity
- Develop apps and themes for BigCommerce websites
- Follow agile methodologies and practices around analysis, design, and development
- Understand server requirements for custom app development
- Work in a team environment creating and supporting enterprise-grade applications
- 3+ years of professional experience in Big Commerce development
- 1+ years of professional experience in Big Commerce frontend customizations
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a related field. Work experience is considered in place of a degree.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to document processes and solutions
- Proficient in using project management software such as Wrike and Jira.
- The ability to meet strict timelines
- Look for an intelligent solution to a problem rather than jumping at the first answer.
- Stays on top of industry trends and technologies and implements them into the development process.
- Must take ownership and accountability for projects & deliver on timelines
- Must be an out-of-the-box thinker with leadership qualities
- Expert understanding of Big Commerce's configuration and frontend framework
- Expert understanding of Big Commerce's app development best practices, theming customization, and use of 3rd party integrations
- Expert understanding of extending Big Commerce's APIs and using both Frontend and Backend APIs
- Competency in using the Big Commerce SDK to build custom checkout experiences
- Thorough experience in customizing Big Commerce's frontend components using layout XML, blocks, and templates and working with the most common Big Commerce themes
- Has knowledge of the common Big Commerce feature set, functionality, and configuration.
- Knowledge of e-commerce data organization and relationships.
- Familiarity with optimization & debugging tools & strategies
- A desire to be personally responsible for production-level code
Ingenuity to leverage all available tools at your disposal
Nice To Have
- Big Commerce Certifications or course certificates
- Familiarity with automated testing tools & strategies (Selenium, New Relic, Blackfire)
- Familiarity with automated deployment strategies (Jenkins, Bamboo, Bitbucket Pipelines)
- In-depth knowledge of PCI/PA-DSS compliance issues
- Experience in ERP integrations with Big Commerce (Netsuite, ADP, Acumatica, SAP, Oracle, Dynamics)
- Experience with caching and scaling techniques
- Experience in multi-store, multi-lingual, or multi-currency e-commerce implementations
- Contributes to the open-source community
* Please note that this job description does not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. In addition, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.