Director of Project Management
Reporting to the Chief Delivery Officer, the Director of Project Management, you’ll be responsible for providing strategic direction, guidance, and coordination of the PMO department.
Who Are You?
You have a can-do attitude with a track record of building success within the department. You are a natural leader who understands every part of the project management process.
- Develop and implement a strategy for the PMO and project delivery to assist in the business meeting or exceeding its forward strategy.
- Responsible for improving project delivery, processes, systems, and guidance
- Ensure the PMO’s strategy, responsibilities, services, and deliverables are successfully implemented.
- Build cohesion within the PMO team and motivate the team to meet the business objectives.
- Define and embed project control and governance.
- Support project planning, milestone management, scope management, resource forecasting; financial management; change management across the PMO Department.
- Build ecommerce & ERP understanding for efficient delivery
- Prepare regular status reports to all levels of the business
- Ensure efficient change control methods and processes are utilized.
- Recruit and develop Project Management resources.
- Lead the way through quality deliverables all along the project life cycle.
- Ensure project success on all parameters – Scope, Cost, Schedule & Quality through PM resources.
- Drive the right solutions as a customer advocate in all streams – building business confidence in engineering.
- Be proactive in anticipating challenges/risks – identify & execute mitigation plans
- Avoid gold plating & drive proper change management with well-documented IAD
- Monitor and report on project progress, and advise stakeholders of potential project delays or resources required to complete the project on a timely basis
- Strive to enhance overall client satisfaction through dialog
- Ensure proper project accounting & billing as per organization standards,
- Coordinate geographically distributed teams & build ownership
- Improve through (IDP) training and certifications for PM practice
- Experience in IT project management – full life-cycle
- > 15 to 18 years of experience across multiple roles (Analyst/Dev/Test) in the IT industry
- At least 10 years of Project management
- At least a few years of client-facing experience
- Good track record of dealing with US & Europe clients
- Proficient in verbal & written communications
* Please note that this job description does not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. In addition, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.